No Danger Reported Regarding Suspicious Object in Menifee

Police had no further report late Friday night on an incident earlier in the evening that resulted in the shutdown of a Menifee street following the report of a suspicious object.

At about 7:45 p.m., police confirmed they had blocked off the 27000 block of Embassy Street in Menifee while investigating the report of a suspicious object found near a private residence. The bomb squad was called in as a precaution, said Deputy Steven Favero of the Riverside County Sheriffs Department.

At about 11:30 p.m., a spokesperson for the Sheriffs Department said she had no knowledge of any ongoing danger at that location.

"Sometimes we get reports like this of a possible military ordinance device," Favero said earlier. No homes were evacuated.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Menifee 24/7 welcomes comments from readers in response to posts on our website and on our Facebook page. Comments on our website must be submitted through a Google account with the user's full name. No anonymous comments are allowed. On both the website and our Facebook page, use of profanity, personal attacks, statement as fact of things that have not been substantiated, or statements of a generally offensive tone are prohibited.

Loading