The following is a paid political message from Darcy Kuenzi for Mayor
No matter who you plan to vote for, here are some quotes that all Americans will appreciate.
1. "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be." ~ Sydney J. Harris
2. "Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~ James Garfield
3. "The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all." ~ John F. Kennedy
4. "Those who stay away from the election think that one vote will do no good: 'Tis but one step more to think one vote will do no harm." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." ~John Quincy Adams
6. "A politician thinks of the next election. A statesman, of the next generation." ~ James Freeman Clarke
7. "The hardest thing about any political campaign is how to win without proving that you are unworthy of winning." ~ Adlai E. Stevenson
8. "People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote -- a very different thing." ~ Walter H. Judd
So this election day, let's remember that our right to vote was not a right earned easily. Let these eight Election Day quotes remind us to do our part for America. So please participate in the democratic process that sustains the blessings of liberty that we work so hard to protect.
This Election Day I encourage you and your family to play an important part in our great democracy. Get out there and vote on Election Day and “May God bless America!”